New Zealand businesses have a number of funding opportunities available to help support their research and development (R&D) activities and business capability development. Checkout our guide to R&D and capability funding for your business.
Regional Business Partner Network – Capability Voucher Scheme
The Regional Business Partner Network Capability Voucher Scheme is a government funded scheme designed to boost business capability by providing funding of up to 50% of approved training programs with specified training providers up to a maximum value of $5000.
Kiwitax are a registered training provider for Business Improvement services including Growth Planning and Quarterly Coaching, get in touch if you would like to find out more information about our services.
Capability Voucher Scheme Business Eligibility;
- Must be GST registered
- Must be trading
- Must have fewer than 50 FTE staff
How to get started
To find out if your business is eligible and get the ball rolling, you need to;
- Register your business online with NZTE here https://www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz/#how
- Your local Growth Advisor will get in touch with you to chat about your business growth aspirations and any challenges you might be facing in order to develop your action plan highlighting your key development priorities
- Your plan might recommend potential training program options and training partners that could help develop your capabilities based on your needs
- You choose your program and provider from the online marketplace and contact them to initiate the voucher request
- Once you receive the voucher, you apply the voucher code to the event in your dashboard
Callaghan Innovation – Getting Started Grants
Callaghan Innovation Getting Started Grants are designed to give businesses a kick start in the very early stages of R&D to help get your product, process or services solution from development through to commercialisation. The grants can provide funding of up to 40% of eligible R&D project costs up to a maximum of $5000.
Getting Started Grants Eligibility;
- Registered NZ company, or
- Registered as a Limited partnership, or
- A Maori incorporation or Maori trust
- In addition to financial and due diligence requirements
How to get started
The Getting Started Grants are delivered through the Regional Business Partners network, get in touch with your local advisor and see if they might be applicable for your business.
About Kiwitax – Award winning business improvement, tax and accounting service
Here’s the thing. As a business, rental property owner or start-up, you get a kick out of having your own gig. But chances are dealing with your tax and accounting leaves you cold. Good news! We love it, so hand it over to Kiwitax and we’ll look after it all for you.
Whether you deal with us online, by phone or drop into our Napier office, you’ll find a friendly, professional hardworking team ready to work with you, however you keep track of your financial information and from wherever you do business. And all for a fixed price.
Plus if you’re at a loss to know how to improve aspects of your business – from growth planning to cashflow management, even tax debt and so much more – we’re all over that too. Our Business Improvement advisors can help you make a plan and put it into action.
Kiwitax are a preferred training provider for Business Improvement services through the Regional Business Partner Network Capability Voucher Scheme. This is a government funded scheme designed to boost business capability by providing funding of up to 50% of approved training programs with specified training providers up to a maximum value of $5000.
If you liked this article and want to make improvements in your business, with quarterly coaching sessions specifically tailored to support you to identify and achieve your business goals, lets chat!